Flight Training for Papua New Guineans
MAF Training Centre’s Commercial Pilot License (CPL) course for Papua New Guinea nationals, brings specific knowledge and skills required to become a commercial pilot in PNG through a full-time, 20 month programme in conjunction with Aviation Australia.
With MAF’s extensive experience in Papua New Guinea and CASA PNG approval, the MAF Training Centre offers training to an unprecedented level of industry readiness. Mareeba’s ideal location, and the incountry flying blocks in PNG will teach how to navigate challenging climate, geography and weather conditions.
The training is calculated for 15 months (full time) towards CPL and 5 months for Instrument Rating (IR). The training will be conducted by five instructors and additional coaching will be given by a PNG instructor. with two diplomas in Aviation.
The majority of training takes place at the Mareeba, Australia campus, with multiple blocks in-country PNG experience throughout the course.
- Grade 12 High School certificate with high marks in English, Maths and Physics
- Good physical and mental health
- A suitable level of English Proficiency (a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent rating)
- Availability to attend a 3 day Pre-Flight Training Assessment at MAF in Mareeba (travel and accommodation at own cost
- Positive result from a 3-day assesment at the Training Centre in Mareeba, Australia
Please note: Our team will review applications and invitations for the assessment centre will be sent to successful applicants shortly after. To be considered for any flight training course with MAF, a positive result of the Pre-Flight Training Assessment is required. Please note that places are limited and the Assessment is by invitation only
- Commercial Pilot’s License
- Multi Engine – Instrument Rating
- In-country Experience PNG
Completion of the above three modules will ensure the best chance possible to get a job in the PNG aviation industry.
Request a detailed Course Information Booklet and application form from [email protected].